The Verdict: (out of five)
When I was a kid I loved Tetris, the old Nintendo game where you fit all the different shaped pieces together. Nothing made me happier than when I could get them to fit together in just the right ways so there were no awkward gaps. It was always the worst when you had that piece that just wouldn’t fit! (I was clearly super-into this.) Frankly, I think that’s why I was so excited to play with the Liberator Lift, Ramp and Wedge. It’s like Tetris sex!!
Looking at the Pieces
OK, it’s not game pieces we’re dealing with here, it’s sex furniture. In this case, it's separate pieces that can be mixed and matched to create all sorts of fun positioning possibilities. Let’s look at each component:
Wedge: a 24" x 14" x 7" triangle with a 27 degree angle
Ramp: a 34"x24"x12" triangle with a 45 degree angle
All three pieces are super-firm and supportive and each comes with its own removable, washable microfiber cover.
Playing Sex Tetris
I’m not going to lie to you; in the days leading up to testing these my partner and I said "sex Tetris" a lot (because we’re geeks). Then we busted out the handy book Liberator includes with its products (again, because we’re geeks) to get some ideas for ways to set this stuff up. And folks, let me tell you, the possibilities are many.
Using the Lifts as a base, we tried all different configurations of the Ramp and Wedge. We stacked up three Lifts (each lift is sold separately) and put the Wedge and Ramp on top. We made the whole thing shorter by removing Lifts. We tried all the options we found in the book. The next day, we tried some from the Liberator website. We took this assignment very seriously! Next, we moved it to the bed, and we used just the Ramp or just the Wedge on the Lift. We experimented with different positions and acts - we were busy! We found some amazing new things, some comfy ways to do old things (support, man, it’s amazing) and one thing that felt so silly we’re still joking about it. But the upshot is that we had a blast and we ran out of steam before we ran out of ideas (and we had tried A LOT of ideas!)!
The Liberator Lift with Ramp and Wedge provided me with one of the most fun testing sessions I’ve had in a long time. Here’s the verdict:
What Did I Love?
- I love how truly supportive these are. I injured my back in September and have been trying to make my sex a bit more ergonomic ever since. Pillows tend to squish up and slide away. This was like being cradled by the sex gods. These definitely offer options to folks who may not be able to physically support themselves in certain positions.
- Anything that inspires playfulness is cool in my book.
- The removable, washable covers. Some of us get lube everywhere ...
- They are just sexy. Liberator makes pieces that look good.
- Discreet shipping. Liberator vacuum packs their products so everything can fit in standard boxes. So, your neighbors needn’t be on the porch saying, "Look darling, the Smiths got a sex ramp!"
- Sex Tetris, people. Sex Tetris.
What Could I Do Without?
- The only real drawback is that this stuff takes up a lot of space when not in use. Right now, the Wedge is tucked neatly beside my bed and nightstand, the Ramp is standing upright in my closet and two Lifts are under my bed. As for the third lift, my dog claimed it for napping; we’ve worked out a time-share agreement.
My Final Call
Liberator products, while an investment, are a worthwhile one. What is particularly neat in this case is that the parts of this set up can be used and purchased individually. So, you can, say, start with a Wedge, add a Ramp later on and then get some Lifts. All the while, you’ll be adding new ways to have super-fun, playful sex! It’s a win-win.
A Note from The Redhead: This product was provided to me free of change in exchange for my honest review. My review policy is simple: I will never lie about liking a product if I don’t (in fact I probably won’t even write about it) but when I do like something it’s hard to get me to shut up about it.