Want a playlist with some sensual force? I put together a sexy, seductive record collection that'll put you in the mood for love. (For more subtle turn-on tips, check out Flirting: Where Subtle Meets Sexy.)
Pop Music PicksWhy It's Sexy
Pop is sexy because it’s fast, not too heavy and also makes you feel a little bit dirty when you listen to it; it’s essentially the morning quickie of the music world!
- Runner Up: "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry
- Winner: "Diirty" by Christina Aguilera
Fast, hard and raunchy, this song just screams filth.
Dance Music PicksWhy It's Sexy
Dance music is sexy because it can bring you back to the dance club and all those bodies movies in time to the music. That's hot. Plus, who can resist a beat that makes you move?
- Runner Up: "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO
- Winner: "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer
An impossibly gorgeous diva voice and a relentless beat leave this song sliding over you like silk sheets.
Rock/Alternative Music PicksWhy It's Sexy
Raw and unwieldy, rock music is like that illicit, crazy, one-night-stand that only happened once ... but that you never stop thinking about.
- Runner Up: "Make It Wit Chu" by Queens of the Stone Age
- Winner: "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon
Although this song has a simple message, it really captures those nights when you can't get enough.
R&B Music PicksWhy It's Sexy
What isn’t sexy about R&B? Deep bass lines with lyrics that can sometimes make even the most liberal-minded blush, R&B gets right to the point and tells you what it wants - and it won’t take no for an answer. (Learn some straight-up sex talk yourself in Talk Dirty to Me: The How and Why of Hot Aural Sex.)
- Runner Up: "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado, featuring Timbaland
- Winner: "I’ll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men
A romantic, sensual ballad, full of longing, lust and passion.
Classic Music PicksWhy It's Sexy
Old classics will always be sexy because they inhabit our subconscious and bring up strong emotions. If it it sounds cheesy, well, it is - but that's why it's fun!
- Runner Up: "Lady Marmalade" by Labelle
- Winner: "Let’s Get It On" by Marvin Gay
With its barely repressed sexual tension, this song is smooth, sensual and hard to resist; a true sexy classic!