Sexual Assault

It is estimated that one in five women is assaulted in her life. The numbers for men are much lower, but sexual assault can happen regardless of gender or sexuality. Here we'll talk about sexual assault, hear perspectives from sexual assault survivors and get tips from experts on how to survive life after assault. You are not alone.

abusive relationship abusive relationship abusive relationship abusive relationship

There are different types of abuse that can be present in a relationship. Here's how to spot some of the differences so that you can get...

Sex Stories We Love: Why Women Don't Report Sex Stories We Love: Why Women Don't Report Sex Stories We Love: Why Women Don't Report Sex Stories We Love: Why Women Don't Report

In light of the recent controversy of an alleged attempted sexual assault by a nominee for the Supreme Court of the United States, this...

A Step-by-Step Guide to Negotiating Consent A Step-by-Step Guide to Negotiating Consent A Step-by-Step Guide to Negotiating Consent A Step-by-Step Guide to Negotiating Consent

You know consent's important ... but how to approach it? Here's a step-by-step guide.

couple walking couple walking couple walking couple walking

Our sex education is failing to address the issues at the heart of how we engage with each other as sexual beings.

Decoding My Rape Fantasies Decoding My Rape Fantasies Decoding My Rape Fantasies Decoding My Rape Fantasies

I can play with fantasies of consensual non-consensual sex while being aware that what I truly desire in a lover is mutual respect, love...

Sex After Sexual Assault: How to Find Joy After Trauma Sex After Sexual Assault: How to Find Joy After Trauma Sex After Sexual Assault: How to Find Joy After Trauma Sex After Sexual Assault: How to Find Joy After Trauma

It's still possible to find joy in your body after experiencing trauma. Here are some things that might help.

Cartoon woman comforting friend Cartoon woman comforting friend Cartoon woman comforting friend Cartoon woman comforting friend

Healing is not a linear path. The best way to support a survivor is to empower them to ask for what they need, when they’re ready.

Man holding woman by the throat Man holding woman by the throat Man holding woman by the throat Man holding woman by the throat

Rape fantasies often invoke shame, but they're actually really common - and a really interesting expression of sexuality. Find out what's...

10 Myths About Rape/Sexual Violence 10 Myths About Rape/Sexual Violence 10 Myths About Rape/Sexual Violence 10 Myths About Rape/Sexual Violence

Attitudes about rape and sexual violence need to change. And that starts with getting the facts straight. Here we debunk 10 big myths.

7 Tips to Reclaiming Your Sex Life After Surviving Sexual Assault 7 Tips to Reclaiming Your Sex Life After Surviving Sexual Assault 7 Tips to Reclaiming Your Sex Life After Surviving Sexual Assault 7 Tips to Reclaiming Your Sex Life After Surviving Sexual Assault

After sexual assault, sex can become stressful and triggering. These seven steps offer some insight into how to make it a fun, positive...

Sex Stories We Love: Consent, Attraction and Potatoes in Interesting Places Sex Stories We Love: Consent, Attraction and Potatoes in Interesting Places Sex Stories We Love: Consent, Attraction and Potatoes in Interesting Places Sex Stories We Love: Consent, Attraction and Potatoes in Interesting Places

The interesting, bizarre and factual stories in sex around the Web this week.

Undercover Colors:  Great New Tech or Product of the Same Old Mindset? Undercover Colors:  Great New Tech or Product of the Same Old Mindset? Undercover Colors:  Great New Tech or Product of the Same Old Mindset? Undercover Colors:  Great New Tech or Product of the Same Old Mindset?

New, color changing nail polish claims to prevent date rape - but shouldn't we be targeting rapists, rather than victims?

8 Things Sexual Harassment Isn't 8 Things Sexual Harassment Isn't 8 Things Sexual Harassment Isn't 8 Things Sexual Harassment Isn't

Sexual harassment isn't uncommon, but it is misunderstood. Here we'll clarify what sexual assault is by digging into what it isn't.

Email Newsletter

Join thousands receiving hot new sex related articles, goodies, and great deals.

Featured Partners