It's Time to Vote for This Year's Sex Blogging Superheroes!
Voting has begun! Vote for your favorite blogs before October 14th.
At Kinkly, October is one of the best months of the year. It brings cool fall weather (perfect for sex and cuddling!), Halloween (and all the kinky costume parties that come with it) and the kickoff to our Sex Blogging Superheroes campaign. Our very first Superheroes list rolled out in 2013. Since that time, we've published six more versions of that list and grown its audience by a magnitude of thousands. We can now say we've read thousands of sex blogs and all the amazing points of view that come along with them. (Aren't we lucky?!)
Over the years, we've also gotten great feedback on our list and how we build it. Last year, we rolled out an unranked list. Because y'all told us you like it that way, we're sticking with it in 2019. This list is designed to help our readers find more great blogs - not pit bloggers against each other. We've said it before and we'll say it again: We think all the blogs on the list are pretty awesome.
So, what do you need to know if you have a sex blog or are a fan of sex blogs and want to vote for your favorites?
- First, any blog needs to be in our comprehensive Sex Blogger Directory to gather votes. If you haven't already, you can add your blog here.
- Each blog page now includes a Vote button you can use to submit a vote for your favorite blogs. You can vote for as many blogs as you want, but only one time each.
- Blogs only need five votes to be considered for the Top 100 Superheroes List. We will read and evaluate every blog that garners the five-vote minimum.
- Only blogs that receive at least five votes by October 14th, 2019, will be eligible to be included in the Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2019 list.
- We'll release the 2019 list on November 4th.
How are blogs evaluated?
We get this question every year. Here's how it works: Once we've pulled together a list of all the blogs that have received at least five votes, we hunker down and start reading and scoring our list of blogs. Here's what we're looking for:
Frequency of Posts – We know you're busy, but we want to give top marks to blogs that are regularly active . Blogs that have posted at least 12 times in the past year will get the highest scores in this category.
Sex Positive – We're looking for sites that exude openness and acceptance, and embrace consent, safety and sexual diversity. If your site is mean, sexist, body-negative, etc. we won't even score it - we'll just remove it from our list.
Design – How does your blog look overall? Does it have a fresh, appealing design? Is it easy to navigate? Each blog will be judged for its look, feel and navigability.
Social Media – Does the site have active social media accounts? This score isn't based on how many followers a blog has, but whether it maintains a social presence. Top scores will go to blogs with at least two active social profiles.