For "The Left-Handed Orgasm" (LHO, if you will) you just continually squeeze the DEXTRÜS in your left hand throughout sex. According to LELO, "Every squeeze prompts the touch-sensors to emit the same series of powerful vibration patterns that can be applied all over the body, while at the same time allowing the user to access a left-hander's state of mind."
For the not-orgasmic use (seriously, you can just do this at work), you can just squeeze the toy. According to LELO, "Every time pressure is applied to DEXTRÜS, its Right-Squeeze™ technology causes whisper-quiet vibrations to travel through the left-arm and stimulate the right-side of the brain, blocking distractions and encouraging smarter, more creative thought."
For more explanation of all of this, check out this video from LELO
Seriously, does this work?
Like I said earlier, I was super-skeptical going into this. The first couple of times I tested my DEXTRÜS I stuck to the sexual side of things. After a couple of half-hearted attempts where there was a LOT of giggling and I kept eventually dropping it, I finally committed to squeezing it throughout. I turned to my partner right after and said, "That was...different."
I couldn’t quite put a finger on it, but I knew I wanted more. It took two more attempts before I achieved the fabled "Left-Handed Orgasm" (orgasms take a lot for me), and for reals folks, it was different from anything I had ever experienced. Broader? Deeper? The orgasms are just different. I feel them everywhere and there is so much more going on. It’s like nothing I’ve ever felt. Orgasms Jim, but not as we know them.
Now, on to the use that is supposed to make you smarter, aka "the one that made me scoff the most." I was sitting at my computer trying to write a piece the other day and drawing a complete blank. I spied my DEXTRÜS and thought "what the hell, why not?" I picked it up and gave it a squeeze and 5 minutes later I was back to writing. I wrote it off as a fluke, but I started squeezing DEXTRÜS whenever I sat down to work (you know, just in case) and I noticed that I was spending a lot more time being productive and a lot less time stressing about not getting stuff done. Now I’m kind of wanting a second one because I keep shuffling mine from bed to computer bag... yes, I squeeze it publicly in coffee shops and stuff. Don’t judge me.
Things I’m Down With
- Yay, silicone!
- This is a cool, innovative product that, believe it or not, seems to do what it says it does.
- Color choice! The DEXTRÜS will apparently be offered in four colors; mine is lime green!
- I love that it has uses outside the bedroom! I have started taking mine with me everywhere, like a security blanket ... I may be a little too attached.
- The orgasms. Seriously, I know I’ve poked fun at the special orgasm name (LHO 4 eva!!) but the orgasms this toy helps produce are fantastic.
Things That Make Me Go GRRR
- It’s kind of inconvenient to have my left hand occupied during sex. (It has made me very creative with my right hand though!)
- I am concerned that there’s an element of "right shaming" in the marketing - remember you are fabulous just as you are!
- The price tag is a bit steep at $299.
DEXTRÜS isn’t available in stores yet but LELO is giving THREE away! Check it out. And thank you to LELO for giving me the DEXTRÜS to test!
Reviewer's Note: This product was provided to me free of change in exchange for my honest review. My review policy is simple: I will never lie about liking a product if I don’t, but when I do like something it’s hard to get me to shut up about it.